Introduction – Izzie Hamilton

Hi everyone! My name is Izzie and I am a third year student this year at UAF. I am 20 years old and was born and raised in Fairbanks. My major is in Political Science with a minor in Foreign Languages (Spanish). After getting my BA, I plan to go on to law school to become a lawyer. I am a paralegal in the Army and love the study of military law.

I have always had an interest in politics. My interest mostly focuses on the study of government and it functions. Not only in the US, but around the world. Studying the presidency in the US, is not only fascinating, but also deeply important. It is an entire branch of our government and as the leader of the nation, they can have much influence. A president can do great good and promote a healthy democracy, or they can damage it. The main question I want answered about the influence of the presidency. We have seen in recent years how borderline sycophantic followers of one president can boil over into a take over of the Capitol building. What else could happen?

Well I am excited to take this class with you all and cannot wait to interact more throughout the semester!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *