Introduction – Brent Dellinger

Hello everyone! My name is Brent, I am a Senior at UAF with a major in Political Science and a minor in Japanese. I am 28 years old so a bit older than most people are I believe, what is called a non-traditional student! Born in Louisiana and grew up in Florida and Arkansas mostly but I did move up here a year ago to finish my degree! Presidency is interesting to me just because of the diversity of characters we’ve had over the centuries. It’s rather fascinating how each of them deals with the crisis for better or worse and how people, at the time as well as today, view their actions.

The questions that I have for this course is how, by the actions of the past, might the actions of the present and future be handled? The choices made my Presidents in the past had many variables they focused on due to their party, history, and the mindset of the American people. Is there a way to link that to the current day and be able to better predict how the ruling party might try and advance? These are what I am hoping to help pick at with this class.