Introduction- Maggie House

Hello Everyone!

My name is Maggie, and I am in my junior year of college at UAF. I am a Natural Resource Management major with a minor of Political Science. I live in Fairbanks but am taking online courses to best fit my hectic schedule. I am the type of student who needs to see the bigger picture in order to understand the concept being presented. This fits with this class as I want to help move towards an environmentally friendly world through politics, and in order to do so it is necessary to understand how our government functions. The American Government is essential to the functioning of the globe as we know it, and who is in charge dictates the tone of actions taken in the 4-8 years that a president is in office. With this, my burning question revolves around the observation that America tends to choose presidents on the opposite ends of the political spectrum where major headway for pressing issues is never made. So, what will it take for Americans to choose a president that represents positive characteristics for both republicans and democrats in order to adequately address and make decisions on issues, and create a more unified America?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *